The Biden admiration has restricted entry into the U.S. for those traveling from India. The new travel ban is set to take effect Tuesday, May 4th. India has recently seen an extreme spike in positive COVID-19 cases and the government is struggling to contain the spread of the virus and its variants. The new travel ban will look a lot like previous bans imposed early last year:
- U.S citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) will be granted entry
- Anyone arriving in the US will be subject to COVID-19 testing
- Anyone that has not been vaccinated may be subject to a quarantine period of 14 days upon arrival
- Anyone who is not a U.S. citizen or LPR and has been in India in the 14 days prior to arrival, will not be granted entry
- There will be narrow exceptions for essential travel
If you are in the U.S. on a non-immigrant visa and you have to travel to India, schedule an appointment with our team to determine your eligibility for a travel exception.